Start your claim for personal injury

Use this service to:

  • Find out if you may have a claim
  • Start your claim online

Before you start:

  • Have your injury and accident details to hand
  • If you’re finding out for someone else – that’s okay but at some point we may need to talk to them

We will ask you to provide details of your injuries and our solicitors will then make an assessment of your claim based on this information and may contact you to let you know the next step.

Start your claim

Information on how we handle your data is in our Privacy Policy on our website.

Solicitors in Manchester - Stuart Matthews
Stuart Matthews / Your Personal Injury Solicitor

    Are you making a claim for you or someone else?

    Are you their legal parent or guardian?

    Sorry, as you're not their legal parent or guardian we can't help you make a personal injury claim.

    We’d still like to help them though, so please ask their parent or legal guardian to contact us as soon as possible.

    We understand the different ways and how much an accident can affect their life.

    Was the accident your fault?

    Are you over the age of 18?

    Sorry, you can’t make a claim on someone else’s behalf if you're under 18.

    Because you're under 18 and legally a minor, you can't make a claim for someone else. You will need what's called a 'litigation friend' to make the claim on your behalf. A litigation friend is normally a parent, relative, guardian or other trusted adult. Please ask them to contact us as soon as possible.

    If there isn't anyone you can turn to, the law says we're unable to investigate the claim until you're over 18. Then you'll have three years until your 21st birthday as a legal adult to make it.

    We understand the different ways and how much an accident can affect your life.

    Sorry, as the accident was your fault, we can’t help you make a personal injury claim.

    We understand the different ways and how much an accident can affect your life.

    What's your personal injury type?

    Your availability

    Do you have time to answer some quick questions here about your legal issue? YesNo

    How were you involved in the accident?

    When did the accident happen?

    By submitting this form you agree to our privacy policy.

    100% Secure SSL Encryption

    If you’d like to pursue a claim at a later date, you’ll need to issue Court proceedings within the given time limits.

    • If you don’t issue the claim within those time limits, you won’t usually be able to proceed.
    • This is called being ‘time-barred’. Extensions to the time limits are only available in exceptional circumstances.
    The limitations:

    In most circumstances for adults who were 18 years old or over at the time, it’s essential that proceedings are issued within three years of the accident or incident date.

    • However, there are some important exceptions to this rule. In cases where the injured person was under 18 years old when the accident or incident occurred, the three-year period usually expires on their 21st birthday.
    • In some cases, the time limits are shorter. Examples here include: accidents abroad, on ships or claims involving criminal assault.
    • We recommend that if you still wish to pursue the claim, then you should seek the opinion of our solicitors.